Learn more about GoCommunities and hear from some of the entrepreneurs they serve in this video.
What Is GoCommunities?
GoCommunities is GoDaddy’s philanthropic and social impact program that equips entrepreneurs in underserved communities with the training, tools, and networks that they need to accelerate their small business.
AEO’s new Innovation Hub model uses the power of collaboration to help members accomplish a deeper impact on Main Street. Our partnership with GoDaddy combines our model and GoDaddy’s expertise to make Main Street an even more inclusive space. Digital Presence for All expands access to digital marketing expertise to business owners from all socioeconomic background by preparing them with skills and information that equalizes the playing field.
What Is Digital Presence for All?
AEO and GoDaddy are teaming up to provide a premium digital marketing curriculum and expert support and services to business owners around the United States. This 12-month technical assistance program equips entrepreneurs in underserved communities with training, tools, and a network of similar businesses to help them establish and improve an effective digital presence. Selected AEO member organizations received a $10,000 grant to implement this program in their local markets and receive GoDaddy’s GoCommunities content and coaching. In addition, AEO and GoDaddy will provide technical support.
As part of the Digital Presence For All partnership, organizations will be given a curriculum with supporting tools to implement this program in their local markets. The curriculum consists of pre-recorded webinars, PowerPoint presentations, worksheets, and facilitator guides.
Curriculum topics include:
- Branding and Your Domain Name: choosing the right domain name and defining your brand
- Evaluating Your Business: pitching business and marketing plans
- Creating the Right Content: crafting the right messaging for your website and social media
- Building a Website and Getting Online: digging in and getting a website live
- Getting Found – SEO: learn how to boost your site’s search rankings
- Social Media: creating shareable and relevant content
- Marketing and Reaching Your Customers: learning different tried and true marketing practices
- E-Commerce: selling products online and building an e-store
- Pitch Night: the culmination of a lot of hard work. Entrepreneurs pitch their business to a local audience.
It is to the organization’s discretion to tailor the provided curriculum to the needs of those they are servicing; if selected, AEO and GoDaddy will work with your organization to identify the needs and the best way to line-up your course curriculum. At minimum we request that organizations use a minimum of 3 topics.
Support and Materials Provided
- Customized and packaged existing assets: curriculum, PowerPoint, customized homework assignments, webinars, blogs and videos pertaining to course curriculum, a hosting platform to disseminate the curriculum to participating small business owners
- GoDaddy products (in-kind) to establish their online presence
- Expert knowledge access to GoDaddy’s subject matter experts
- Program marketing and support materials, and guidance from AEO and GoDaddy
- $10,000 in grant funding covering program operational costs