Benefits of Membership
The Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO) is the leading voice of innovation in microfinance and microbusiness in the United States. By joining AEO, you become part of an active and diverse network of organizations and individuals working together to create economic opportunity for entrepreneurs in low-wealth communities. Through AEO resources and benefits, you’ll stay on top of the latest news, trends and insights, and be connected to the policymakers, philanthropists and other influencers that can support and impact your work.
Benefits of joining AEO include:
- Discounted registration to the AEO National Conference.
- Participation in the TILT Forward Network, the largest and most diverse network of CDFIs and non-profits committed to innovation, testing and learning in order to create solutions that better serve Main Street businesses. TILT Forward Network members have access to Project CUE's referral marketplace, DreamFund's capital portfolio, and Reimagining Technical Assistance's resources.
- Help with your funding efforts, including relevant market data and industry insights to help inform your proposals, introductions to potential funders and letters of support from AEO.
- Policy support, including advocacy alerts and training, as well as help arranging meetings with Administration and Congressional offices.
- Subscription to the AEO Weekly Update e-newsletter, alerting you to the latest news from AEO, members and partners, as well as stories of interest to industry leaders in the field of microbusiness.
- Opportunities to write articles for the AEO website, participate on AEO webinars, or submit items for inclusion in the AEO Weekly Updatee-newsletter.
- The chance to engage and collaborate with AEO's extensive member and partner network.
For a complete list of member benefits click here.
AEO offers a tiered membership structure with benefits and value designed to meet your organization's needs.
Baltimore Community Lending
Member Since: January 2018
Baltimore Community Lending is a U.S. Treasury certified nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution. Working in Baltimore City exclusively, BCL provides loan capital for real estate development. BCL works with different types of borrowers—from developers and individual investors, to nonprofits and community partners—to transform and revitalize Baltimore neighborhoods.
BCL provides financing to develop affordable housing, community facilities and mixed used developments in underserved Baltimore neighborhoods. With knowledge of Baltimore’s housing market, real estate trends, and community initiatives, BCL seeks projects where capital can best be applied to help create positive neighborhood change. At BCL, lending criteria considers the needs of the borrower and the economics of the community.
For more information on how BCL is serving Baltimore neighborhoods, visit bclending.org