TILT Forward: changing the way that capital and services flow to Main Street businesses
TILT Forward for Business Owners
Each day on every Main Street, business owners like you work hard to please your customers and make your business dreams into reality. For some, traditional bank loans are a good source of capital to fund these ventures. Others rely on hard-earned savings and/or seek financial help from family or friends. But sometimes, it is hard to find the best path to capital to start, manage and grow.
One lesser-known source for support and capital are nonprofit lenders. These organizations, found across the nation, specialize in assisting solo, micro and small business owners like you. They work to help existing entrepreneurs and those considering entrepreneurship access critical business services and fairly-priced financial solutions — solutions such as TILT Forward.
TILT Forward is a nationwide initiative designed to connect you - regardless of where you are - to the critical loan products and support services that nonprofit lenders offer. TILT Forward is powered by our national network powered of community lenders, other nonprofits, and our private sector partners such as Sam’s Club Giving Program.
If you are in need of support for your business, sign up for free at www.tiltforward.com/business-owners/. There is no obligation to work with us (but, we’re quite sure you’ll be interested to hear what we have to offer).
TILT Forward for Mission-Focused Lenders and Service Providers
- Virtual scale: TILT Forward makes it possible for small and often resource constrained organizations to offer products and services that they would not otherwise be able to access by centralizing due diligence and aggregating client volume nationally, which is attractive for product partners.
- More “Yes!”: Access to additional products enables organizations to better serve the businesses in their communities.
Cost savings to borrowers: TILT Forward participants offer licensed products at below-market rates.
- To date, CDFIs offering the first product, a short-term working capital loan licensed from OnDeck®, have saved borrowers an average of $2,750 per loan.
Participating nonprofit organizations retain strategic control locally:
- Organizations able to opt-in (or out) of different offers.
- Organizations have choices about pricing, risk management and economic models.
- Organizations own customer experience and customer relationships.
- Attractive economics for the lenders/service providers
To learn more about how to join TILT Forward’s growing network of mission-focused lenders and other nonprofits, please sign-up at www.tiltforward.com/nonprofits/ and someone from the TILT Forward team will be in touch soon!
TILT Forward for Investors (banks, corporations, foundations, or other investors)
If you represent a bank, corporation, foundation, or investor, you can play an important role in helping TILT Forward achieve its goal of moving billions of dollars to Main Street.
For example, you can:
- Refer businesses so that they can access fairly-priced capital and services to fuel their growth
- Finance businesses unable to borrow from traditional financial institutions
- Distribute and co-create products tailored to reach underserved entrepreneurs
- Engage employees in opportunities to mentor microbusinesses and/or use their skills to help CDFIs
To learn more about how you can become a TILT Forward partner, please sign-up at www.tiltforward.com/investors/ and someone from the TILT Forward team will contact you shortly!