Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO) is the leading voice of innovation in microfinance and microbusiness in the United States. Join AEO and be part of an active and diverse network of organizations and professionals working together to create economic opportunity for underserved entrepreneurs. Through AEO resources and benefits, you’ll stay on top of the latest news, trends and insights in microfinance and micro business and connect to the policy-makers, philanthropist and other influencers that can support and impact your work.
Whether your organization is well established or new, AEO offers a broad range of support and resources that can help you become a more effective professional, practitioner, advocate, investor and supporter of micro business in the United States.
With over 25 years of experience supporting microbusiness development through various political climates, AEO remains the foremost, largest, and most comprehensive source of advocacy, resources and tools dedicated to the industry. See how three of our leading work areas can support you.
Research and Insights
AEO research and insights helps you fundraise, invest and design more effective programs that put your organization’s experience in a larger market context. Take advantage of ground-breaking reports that provide industry analysis, market sizing and economic impact.
- The Big Picture – A Larger View of the Small Business Market
- Reimagining Technical Assistance
- Linking Young Adults to Microbusiness
New report scheduled for release in February provides analysis of Black-Owned Businesses in the US.
Policy and Advocacy
AEO advocacy educates policymakers and gets our industry issues and positions noticed in a changing and challenging policy environment. The AEO policy agenda seeks system and regulatory changes and communicates your policy priorities to policy makers, opinion leaders and the public. We provide you with critical insights and help you make strategic connections needed to navigate the changing political climate at the national and state level.
- Participate in advocacy training and utilize toolkits to activate your voice with key policymakers
- Help drive the microbusiness industry policy agenda forward and improve lending programs and policy
- Leverage AEO’s national network to cultivate regional partnerships and learn best practices in advocacy.
Innovation and Initiatives
AEO Innovation and Initiatives helps you take advantage of leading edge services and solutions developed in collaboration with strategic partners and industry leaders.
- Expand your organization’s product offerings and say “yes” to investing capital into more businesses through DreamFund
- Access qualified leads utilizing an innovative solution developed through the 2015 CDFI Fund Innovation Challenge with Project CUE
- Participate in product and service pilots and exclusive knowledge sharing events by joining the TILT Forward Network
Connect, exchange ideas and cultivate relationships that will help shape a more inclusive microbusiness industry and positively change the way products and services flow to underserved entrepreneurs in every community throughout the nation.
To become a member of AEO, fill out the application below.
For more information, dial 202.650.5580, ext 54.
AEO Membership Application